- Source Naturals 5-HTP 100 mg (L-5-Hydroxytryptophan) is an intermediate in the natural conversion of the essential amino acid tryptophan to serotonin, a brain chemical associated with positive mood and well-being.
- Preclinical studies show that 5-HTP may help support healthy levels of serotonin in the body. In addition to a balanced mood, serotonin may also support melatonin production and a healthy sleep cycle.
- Serene Science® 5-HTP is derived from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia.
1 capsule once or twice daily with meals, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Not for use by children, or pregnant or lactating women. If you are taking antidepressants, SSRIs, MAOIs, sedatives, painkillers, or other drugs, or if you have any medical condition, consult your physician before taking 5-HTP. In some people, temporary nausea, diarrhea, or abdominal discomfort may occur. If these symptoms occur, lower the dose, or spread the dose throughout the day.
- Discontinue use if any of these symptoms persist for more than three days. May cause drowsiness; do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how 5-HTP affects you.
- Do not use if either tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Keep out of the reach of children.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule ........ Amount ....... %DV
5-HTP (from Griffonia simplicifolia) .......... 100 mg
Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin (capsule), silica, and magnesium stearate.
Hypoallergenic: contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, soy or wheat.
Contains no sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor or fragrance.
*Daily Value(DV) Not Established.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Required Notice For California Residents: California Proposition 65 WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.