Horses that train rigorously, travel, or compete may experience an inflammatory response, exercise-related muscle soreness, and oxidative stress. Diet, level and amount of exercise, age, and the nature of a training program are all factors that may play a role in maintaining a balance between oxidative stress and antioxidant status in the performance horse.1 Oxidative stress may be the result of decreased antioxidant activity, increased amounts of reactive oxygen species, or both.2 Horses in training may experience a physiological challenge and as a result will attempt to regain homeostasis through coordination of multiple organ systems.3 Dietary antioxidants may help the horse cope with rigorous athletic demands.4
Equine Performance is a unique blend of whole foods and other ingredients that may help horses in training, traveling, or competition by:
- Providing important energy and immune response substrates
- Supporting energy pathways
- Offering antioxidant support
- Providing ingredients that may support recovery from strenuous activity
Indications for Use
- Horses preparing for, participating in, or recovering from competition
- Horses preparing for, participating in, or recovering from travel
- Horses in demanding or rigorous training programs
Glutamate, L-glutamine, selenium yest (contains 550 micograms organically bound selenium), ribonucleic acid, tart cherry
- Start slowly by mixing a small amount of powder into the feed.
- Add the powder to the feed and dampen with water. (Spray bottles can be helpful.) Shake the container to mix the powder with the feed. This will also prevent the powder from settling in the bottom of the feeding container.
- Mix with unsweetened applesauce and add to the horse’s feed or syringe directly into the horse’s mouth.
- Add to a mash made of commonly found low-starch pelleted feeds or soaked hay cubes.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Required Notice For California Residents: California Proposition 65 WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.