|Life Extension® continues to develop increasingly potent mitochondria-boosting formulations.1-4 The new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ® contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of new mitochondria in aging cells). This represents a three-way strategy for enhanced mitochondrial support.
1. Super Ubiquinol CoQ10
CoQ10 is required to convert the energy from fats and sugars you eat into usable cellular energy. More people are supplementing with CoQ10 than ever before. A key reason is increased awareness that the bodys production of CoQ10 declines significantly with advancing age.5 Statin
Studies show that absorption of the ubiquinol form of CoQ10 is far greater than the conventional ubiquinone form. In middle-aged mice, ubiquinol was shown to be 40% more effective in slowing measurements of aging, compared to ubiquinone.9 Life Extension® offers this highly bioavailable ubiquinol form of patented CoQ10 in an advanced delivery system, providing an unparalleled absorption level.10
2. Enhanced Support with Shilajit
PrimaVie® shilajit has been shown to double levels of CoQ10 in mitochondria.11 Combining CoQ10 and shilajit produced a 56% increase in energy production in the brain40% better than CoQ10 alone. And in muscle, there was a 144% increase in energy production27% better than CoQ10 alone.12
Shilajit boosts CoQ10s beneficial effects by stabilizing CoQ10 in the superior ubiquinol form.13,14 Additionally, shilajit facilitates more efficient delivery of CoQ10 into the mitochondria, which results in greater cellular energy production.15-18 Shilajit itself is rich in essential compounds that help the mitochondria convert fats and sugars into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the bodys main source of energy.16
3. PQQ Promotes Growth of New Mitochondria
Until recently, the only options for aging individuals to promote replenishment of the declining numbers of mitochondria in their bodies were long-term calorie restriction or exhaustive physical activitydifficult or impractical for most aging people. Now PQQ offers a viable alternative: PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) promotes spontaneous production of new mitochondria.19 In fact, PQQ promotes youthful cellular function in three distinct ways:
PQQ is an essential nutrient, meaning that your body cannot make it on its own. A wealth of research demonstrates thatalone and especially in combination with CoQ10its unique nutritional profile supports heart health and brain function.22-24 This should be no surprise, given how much energy these vital organs need.
Life Extension® has identified a purified, highly potent form of PQQ from Japan that is produced through a unique fermentation process. The result is some of the highest quality PQQ available today.
The optimal dose of PQQ is 20 mg each day. Members taking Mitochondrial Energy Optimizer, Mitochondrial Basics, or PQQ 10 mg caps obtain this optimal PQQ dose when taking the new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with PQQ.
1. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2011 Dec;8(8):868-75.
2. Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2010 Jun;16(2):183-8
3. N Z Med J. 2009 Oct 30;122(1305):74-9.
4. Mol Genet Metab. 2004 Apr;81(4):263-72.
5. Mech Ageing Dev. 2010 Apr;131(4):225-35.
6. Mitochondrion. 2007 Jun;7 Suppl:S168-74.
7. Cardiol Rev. 2005 Mar-Apr;13(2):76-9.
8. Biofactors. 1999;9(2-4):291-9.
9. Exp Gerontol. 2006 Feb;41(2):130-40.
10. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol. 2007 Feb;47(1):19-28.
11. Systemic CoQ level in animals: Part II. Unpublished study. Natreon, Inc.:2007.12.
12. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;1:817-25.
13. Pharmacologyonline. 2009;2:690-8.
14. Electron J Biotechn. 2008 Jul 15;11(3).
15. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 Jul 15;36(14):3170-5.
16. Environ Sci Technol. 2009 Feb 1;43(3):878-83.
17. Environ Sci Technol. 2002 May 1;36(9):1939-46.
18. Ghosal S. Shilajit in Perspective. Alpha Science International Limited; 2006.
19. J Biol Chem. 2010 Jan 1;285:142-52.
20. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/10891 . Accessed May 21, 2013.
21. Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(3):268-77.
22. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2004 Nov;18(6):421-31.
23. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2006 Jun;11(2):119-28.
24. FOOD Style. 2009;21:13(7)50-3.
Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ® | 100 mg, 30 softgels
Life Extension continues to develop increasingly potent mitochondria-boosting formulations.1-4 The new Super Ubiquinol CoQ10 with BioPQQ contains shilajit (which studies have shown doubles CoQ10 levels in the mitochondria) plus the breakthrough compound PQQ (shown to support the spontaneous generation of