Optimized African Mango (Irvingia) with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex provides a combination of innovative compounds to combat fat accumulation via the following distinct mechanisms:
- Delaying digestion and absorption of sucrose.1
- Enhancing resting energy expenditure at the cellular level.2
- Moderating alpha-amylase enzyme activity to inhibit the absorption of carbohydrates.3-5
- Reducing alpha-glucosidase enzyme activity to further inhibit the absorption of starches and sugars.6,7
- Supporting leptin sensitivity to stimulate lipolysis.8,9
- Supporting youthful levels of adiponectin to help maintain healthy insulin response.9,10
- Moderating glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase enzyme activity to inhibit the conversion of starches to triglycerides and stored as fat.8,9
Phase 3™ is a patented compound that contains L-Arabinose, a natural substance found in plants that reduces the number of absorbed calories from sugar.1 Phase 3™ can help support healthy insulin metabolism and help maintain already-healthy blood sugar levels.
Green Tea Phytosome
Mounting scientific research has documented the metabolic effects of green tea polyphenols.2 A proprietary phytosome complex has been shown to promote absorption of green tea polyphenols, resulting in peak plasma levels of the critical green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate.11,12
The Alpha-Amylase Enzyme
Glucose and triglyceride metabolism often declines with age.13 The alpha-amylase enzyme plays a role in the digestion of dietary carbohydrates and subsequent absorption of calories from starch and sugar. A natural bean extract (Phaseolus vulgaris) helps moderate alpha-amylase activity.3-5
The Alpha-Glucosidase Enzyme
Alpha-glucosidase is another intestinal enzyme that enables carbohydrate absorption. A patented seaweed extract (InSea2®) has demonstrated the ability to help maintain healthy levels of both alpha-glucosidase and alpha-amylase.6
By taking nutrients before each meal that reduce the activity of carbohydrate and fat digesting enzymes, the calorie burden is significantly reduced. Optimized Irvingia provides the same InSea2® extract used in laboratory studies.
Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough.14 Leptin can also promote the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipocytes via the process of lipolysis. Overweight individuals often have high blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to inhibit them from putting on so many fat pounds.15
An extract from an African mango (Irvingia gabonensis) has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people.8-10 In published studies, irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline.8-10 In addition to supporting healthy leptin sensitivity, irvingia has demonstrated other beneficial effects on key aspects of metabolism:
- Irvingia has been shown to inhibit the activity of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (G3PD), which may help inhibit the impact of starch and sugar calories on body fat.8,9 G3PD is an enzyme involved in converting ingested starch and sugar calories into stored body fat.
- Research suggests that irvingia has alpha-amylase-inhibiting properties.16 This may help inhibit the rate of carbohydrate absorption from the intestines and reduce the caloric impact of starch and sugar.
- Adiponectin is a hormone that helps to maintain insulin sensitivity in energy-producing cells. Scientific data suggests that irvingia helps support healthy adiponectin levels.9
Optimized Irvingia with Phase 3™ Calorie Control Complex is an innovative multi-modal approach to weight loss with an additional benefit. By helping to slow the absorption of starchy food or sugars, it reduces their caloric impact