- Extensive research has linked dietary omega-3 fatty acids found in cold-water fish with beneficial changes in platelet function and lipid metabolism that are consistent with heart and vascular health.
- Borage seed oil and its component, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), have been shown to lower blood pressure by acting as a vasodilator.
- GLA is the precursor of the 1-series prostaglandins, which have broad and important regulatory activities in the body, notably the modulation of production of 2-series prostanoids, which are pro-inflammatory and pro-thrombotic mediators.
- GLA is normally a product of a desaturation enzyme (D6D) which declines in activity with aging and ill-health, but is overcome by exogenous sources of GLA that re-establish normal production levels of 1-series prostaglandins.
- OmegaPlex is a broad-spectrum fatty acid supplement, providing special fatty acids from both the omega-3 (EPA and DHA) and omega-6 (gamma-linolenic acid) families in easy-to-swallow softgel capsules.