|Inflammation is a natural process that affects every cell and organ in the body. As we age, maintaining a balanced inflammatory response becomes increasingly critical to guarding our whole-body health.1-3 Fortunately, theres something we can do every day to support this process at a deep molecular level.
Cytokine Suppress with EGCG provides two natural food ingredients long used in traditional Asian cuisine and medicine that have the ability to promote a healthy inflammatory immune response.4-6 Key constituents found in mung beans and green tea support the natural process of the immune systems inflammatory activity. This potent benefit is delivered by the novel flavonoids and other molecules found primarily in the seed coat of the mung bean,4,7 and the compound EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), the major beneficial component in green tea.5
Acting together, these mung bean and green tea compounds help regulate levels, among those within the normal range, of a protein molecule known as HMGB1.4-6 This molecule is responsible for controlling the signaling compounds known as cytokines that generate inflammation.8,9 Also, mung bean seed coat extract has been shown to support the bodys natural antioxidant defense system.7
The result of this beneficial modulatory support is a healthy and balanced inflammatory responsewhich is particularly important as we age. Life Extension® Cytokine Suppress with EGCG supports healthy inflammatory levels.4-6,8,9
1. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2007 Apr;4(2):117-22.
2. JAMA. 2004 Feb 11;291(6):704-10.
3. Nutr Rev. 2007 Dec;65(12 Pt 2):S173-6.
4. Biol Psychiatry. 2003 Sep 1;54(5):566-72.
5. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. 2003 Feb;23(1):15-39.
6. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:498467.
7. PLoS One. 2007;2(11):e1153.
8. Med Hypotheses. 2006;66(3):660-3.
9. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012 Feb 15;676(1-3):51-6.