- Decrease refined carbohydrates. Carbohydrates can cause insulin resistance which negatively impact hormones. When hormones are out of balance acne can result.
- Learn to avoid gluten in foods. Gluten is a protein found in many grains which can trigger inflammatory reactions in the skin. There are many books about gluten-free living
- Cut unhealthy fats such as fried foods, foods high in trans-fatty acids and saturated fats
- Stress can trigger inflammation throughout the body. In certain people, this inflammation can present in the skin. Learn how to handle stress and reap the benefits to the skin!
- Don’t over-clean or over-treat the skin. When the body is balanced, mild cleaning is all that is necessary. We recommend the Mineral Earth Cleansing Gel because it helps to control sebum accumulation without drying the skin up!
- Drink an ounce of water for every pound of body weight. I know that this sounds like a lot, just give it a try for a few weeks, you will be quite surprised as water helps to thin out the skin secretions and hydrate the skin.
- Exercise aerobically. Aerobic exercise helps to detox the body and improve insulin sensitivity, one of the biggest causes of acne in teens and adults.
- EurOmega-3 Tablets – Dosage: 2 Tablets Daily – Omega-3 fatty acids are one of the most important supplements for people suffering with acne, however, it’s important that you take just the right amount. If you take more than you need, it can actually make the acne worse. EurOmega is one of the best omega-3 supplements on the market. It’s very easy to take, doesn’t repeat on you, is free from rancidity and heavy metals and delivers the perfect amount of omega-3 in just 2 tablets daily.
- Opti-Zinc by Expert Nutrition Center. Dosage: 20 mg once daily. Zinc deficiency causes an androgen reaction within the body that can cause acne. Research suggests that zinc supplementation may help to clarify the skin and decrease the severity of acne.
- Blemish Control Solution by Lotus Moon. Directions: Apply twice daily after gentle cleansing. When sebum builds up, a bacteria called propionic acid bacteria begins to grow and trigger inflammation within the skin. This gentle formula helps to sweep away accumulated sebum and dead skin which makes the skin less inviting to these bacteria. It also contains niacinamide, a B-vitamin which helps to control inflammation and repair the skin.