- Eat foods that provide slow, sustained energy release. Decrease refined carbohydrates, increase whole grains, nuts and lean protein.
- Increase omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. Eat nuts, seeds, cold-water fish.
- Cut down on caffeine. Caffeine causes a stress response through stimulant activity. This can worsen stress reaction.
- Exercise is very important. Exercise helps to desensitize the body to stress hormones.
- Learn coping mechanisms for controlling stress response.
- Learn meditation techniques.
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products.
- Always start your meals with 10 deep breaths to reset your nevous system. This will enhance digestion.
- Your physiology determines your mentality. Stand up straight, stand in a confident manner and you will better handle stress.
- Adaptogen – 2 Capsules Twice Daily. This is a comprehensive blend of adaptogenic herbs that help the body to regulate stress hormones and bring the body back to balance.
- Pure Radiance C – 2 Caps Twice Daily. Stress depletes vitamin C.
If you have tendencies toward anxiety add:
- Theanine by Thorne Research – 1 capsule as needed for anxiety.