- Replace fluids with vegetable broths, herbal teas, water and diluted vegetable juices.
- Limit solid foods to brown rice, steamed vegetables and only moderate amounts of lean protein such as chicken and fish.
- Cut out any artificial colorings, flavors, sweeteners and preservatives that may stress the liver.
- Limit refined carbohydrates.
- Limit oxidized fats and oils such as those found in fried foods.
- Focus on eating plant foods, fruits and vegetables, 50-80% of the time.
- Eat only moderate amounts of lean meats.
- Choose organic foods when possible to limit exposure to pesticides that can tax the liver.
- Focus on clean living. The body must put up with constant assault by the hepatitis C virus, do whatever you can to control other stresses to the liver like chemical exposure
- Exercise regularly to prevent fatty buildup in the liver that can clog detox pathways.
- European Milk Thistle – 1 Capsule Twice Daily. Milk thistle stimulates the production of glutathione and the repair of damaged liver cells.
- N-Acetyl-Cysteine 500 mg – 1 capsule twice daily – NAC works synergistically with milk thistle to stimulate liver repair.
- R-Lipoic Acid – 300 mg Once Daily
- Crucera (SGS) – 1 Capsule Twice Daily
- Olive Leaf Extract Standardized to 20% Oleuropean – 3 Capsules Three Times Daily. Olive leaf extract is a powerful herb reported to have anti-viral activity.